Applications to participate in So You Think You’re Funny? 2015 are now open!
If you’re new to stand-up comedy, haven’t been performing regularly before June 2014 and think you’ve got what it takes to join the cream of the comedy crop then this is the competition for you!
So You Think You’re Funny? is the leading amateur comedy competition in the UK and has seen the likes of Peter Kay, Lee Mack, Sarah Millican, Johnny Vegas, Dylan Moran and Jack Whitehall as winners or finalists in previous years.
The competition’s showcases are held throughout UK and Ireland during May and June. Dates will be announced in due course and will be announced on our website.
SYTYF? Gilded Balloon, Greenside House, 25 Greenside Place, Edinburgh EH1 3AA.
The Regional Showcases begin in mid May of each year. Showcases are filled on a first come first served basis.
From the Regional Showcases, 55 performers will be invited to perform at one of the Heats at the Gilded Balloon during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. For the avoidance of doubt, each performer is responsible for their own accommodation and transport to these Heats.From the Heats, 9 performers will be invited to perform at the Final at the Gilded Balloon during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. For the avoidance of doubt, each performer is responsible for their own accommodation and transport to these Heats.
So You Think You Are Funny? Rules for 2015
- The performer cannot have performed stand up REGULARLY either paid or unpaid before 1st June 2014. *
- The performer should not have appeared in So You Think You’re Funny? before.
- The performer’s material must be completely original.
- The performer must have at least 8 minutes of original material.
- The organisers reserve the right to select all entrants and decisions taken by the organisers and judges are final.
- All entrants must be aged 18 and over.
*This means you can have performed, either paid or unpaid before June 2014, but not regularly. So a handful of gigs well spaced out, once or twice, every couple of months is fine, but performing 2 times a week is too many. The exception to this is those who have performed as part of a recognised comedy course in this period.
DEADLINE: APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL TUESDAY MARCH 31st 2015.