With the 2020 competition being postponed to 2021, Gilded Balloon is proud to introduce So You Think You’re Funny? Locked Down.
Through this project, GB will continue to support the newcomers to the Comedy industry who are unable to gig and hone their craft at this time. Our aim is to provide this year’s applicants the possibility to be mentored by industry experts. Whilst this won’t replace the huge learning experience of performing in front of a live audience, it is hoped that it will still offer these new performers a valuable opportunity to perfect their material and performance style.
2020 entrants have been invited to submit a 5-7min video and a pool of industry experts will provide anonymous feedback to help develop their material during lock down.
Industry experts include:
- Dec Munro – Angel Comedy Club
- Bren Berry – Aiken Promotions
- Pax Lowey – Southbank Centre
- Brid Kirby – Fight the Dog
- Hannah Oldman – Oldman Management
- Arthur Smith – Comedian
- Jarred Christmas – Comedian
- Kitty Edgar – Producer
- Janette Linden – PBJ Management
- Alex Hall – Assembly
- Owen Donovan – Berks Nest
- Mary Tobin – Mary Tobin Presents
- Claire Nightingale – PBJ Management
- Rosie Jones – Comedian
- Bruce Dessau – Beyond the Joke
- Hannah Chambers – Chambers Management
- Jay Lafferty – Comedian
- Lynn Ferguson – Funny Women
- Zoe Rabnett – Just for Laughs, Montreal
- Christian Knowles – Blue Book Management
- Helen Hawkins – Journalist
- Richard Carrington – Notorious Comedy
- Steven Canny – BBC Comedy Unit
- Kate Lennon – UTC Artist Management
- Kate Copstick – Journalist
- Rich Wilson – Comedian
- Jessica Toomey – Frog and Bucket
With more to be added in the coming weeks.